Monday, January 28, 2008

Review: The Urban Tea Loft




I visited the Urban Tea Loft this weekend in downtown Chandler. Our chapter of the Red Hat Society had our January event there and it was a lovely experience. The owner is a local woman so we felt good about supporting her new business. It was very modern and posh, quite different from the usual Victorian/cottage style found in many tea rooms.





Besides the large main room, there are also two private "VIP rooms," complete with flat screen TVs and built-in sound systems for your iPod. My mom already promised me a baby shower there someday! The food was unique and delicious. I had this pear salad with dried fruit and a champagne vinaigrette. Isn't it beautiful??







My mom and I split this chocolate mousse dessert (above)--so decadent!

The tea is also worth mentioning, of course. There was a good selection and instead of the usual tea pot, they had this interesting contraption (made by ingenui-TEA) and a handle-less mug that wasn't hot to the touch. The tea steeped in the pot then when you placed it on top of your cup and pushed down, it strained the tea for you! I was amazed and, of course, now want about five of them for my tea parties!





The UTL has a lot of fun events throughout the year so that, along with being close to my mom's house, means we'll be back frequently. It's a great place to take someone who might enjoy tea but would feel out of place in a frilly, girly tea room. I give it an "A!"

1 comment:

Belle said...

You entire blog is making my mouth water!!! That chocolate cake looks YUMMY! I'm glad I found your blog since I would like to plan a tea party for my little sis.